Salvatore Larosa received the Laurea degree in geology from University of Calabria, Rende, Italy, in 2002, 1st level Master degree in “Geographical Information Systems and Remote Sensing” from University of Basilicata, Potenza, Italy, in 2006 and Ph.D. degree in “Environmental Science and Engineering, Construction and Energy” from University of Calabria, Rende, Italy, in 2020.
An experience of over 10 years in the field of Geographical Information Systems, have provided him with the ideal basis to face and manage the work activities concerning Geomatics. Since 2013 he is a QGIS core-developer.
Since 2016 he has been working at Institute of Methodologies for Environmental Analysis as a Research fellow. His research interests concern store and manage remotely sensed data in multidimensional databases, collect data and analyze for trends, patterns, summaries, and meaning, use statistical techniques and programming software to create algorithms and predictive models, create tools for data visualizations and communication. Strength with the programming languages of R, Python, and C++. Advanced knowledge of Python, in particular packages such as Pandas, Numpy, SciPy, Matplotlib.
- Database administration expertise on PostgreSQL and PostGIS in Linux and Windows environment;
- Ability to work in a mixed environment: Windows and Linux both client and server;
- Web Mapping expertise on Leaflet, OpenLayers and LizMap in Linux and Windows environment;
- Desktop Mapping expertise on QGIS and developing of PyQGIS tools.
- Knowledge of Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards like WMS, WFS, WCS, WPS, GML and KML.
One thought on “About Me”
Comments are closed.